Instead of a post where I share my thoughts with you, I am simply posting a few video clips that I have come across. Take some time to stop and watch some or all of them. Maybe they will spark a good conversation. Maybe they will make you think. Or maybe they will just put a smile on your face.
'The Power of Love' - Sometimes we need to put our devices down and focus on connecting!
I may have shared this one before, but it gets me every time. So get out the tissues when you watch how this teacher talks honestly with his students about the importance of love above all else.
Here is a great short film from the White House Film Festival about using technology to help you pursue your passion.
Here is a clip about making the world more awesome by thinking about #yearofthekid from Kid President.
And I always love The Big Bang Theory for some great clips - here is "The Friendship Algorithm"
I definitely had a not-so-good reading week. But as we wind down with 2016 and get ready to start 2017, I thought I would add in some book list links for you. Maybe you are looking for some new books to put on your 2017 reading list? A principal friend of mine in California created a book club list for pleasure reading here. Here is a list of the best picture books of 2016 put out by Goodreads.
And here is a link to the best sellers in Education from the New York Times. Have fun picking out some new books to read!
Events this week:
Tuesday - HS Band Concert @ 9:30 in the PAC
Wednesday - Pajama Day! 4th grade chorus practice @ 2:25, Staff Meeting @ 3:30 - We will meet from 3:30-4:00 in the PAC, Dr. Rodriguez presenting the district strategy plan, 4:00-5:00 - looking at student writing
Friday - Festive Wear Day!
** Enjoy the vacation week!
Great things that I noticed last week:
- I popped into Mrs. Miln's class and caught them practicing some reader's theater.
- Enjoyed a final building walk through with Dr. Rodriguez. We had fun chatting with as many teachers as we could. Also enjoyed watching 3rd graders shooting hoops!
- Lots of police in front of the building!? And our 4th graders climbing into cruisers?! Must mean one thing...it was basket delivery day for our Groton seniors! Thanks to everyone for their donations. I am sure that the people who received the baskets were very appreciative.
- Thanks for the lotto ticket tree and wreath Dianna! Did anyone win big?!
- Some days being a principal are really tough. And then there are days when I get notes like this and it's all worth it!
- This 4th grader came to show me his social studies project where he used his dad's iPad to create a presentation about the northeast region. Loved it!
- The high school chorus concert was awesome. It was also so great to see one of our former student being the best big sister ever and stopping by to give one of our K students a much needed hug.
- I always love a good gingerbread man hunt! Did you find him yet?
Check it out:
Our fearless leader (for a few more days)...not sure if this is her swan song as she leaves Groton-Dunstable?!